Thursday, August 20, 2009

Gbye Summer...

Today is the last thursday of summer. I spent it working and cleaning.
Tomorrow is the last friday of summer. I'm hosting bunko [and it is going to ROCK!]

I am exhausted.
Last summer was over way too quick and I distinctly remember at the beginning of this summer thinking to myself, "I am not going to let this summer go by as fast as the last one." Well I failed, miserably. It went by even faster.

I've been working full time (which is draining!) and it makes the days and weeks just fly by. I'm worn out to the point of needing a break and so I'm actually excited to go back to school.

School gives me a balance between home/chores, work, and me-time. Driving to/from class gives me time to pray, relax, think, and brainstorm. Some of my best photography ideas are created while driving. I've come to realize that the driving time I originally hated and complained about has become my personal wind up and unwind time. It only took 3 years and a quick summer full of work to help me recognize it.

Monday I'll enter my final year of college (Lord willing). I start my honors thesis and finish my final classes! I can't believe I'm already so close and though it feels like it is going to take forever to complete the year, I know it will fly by just like the last few have. And then I'll be done.

But for tonight... its off to sleep to work a half day and get ready for Bunko night.

[and yes I'm practically 2 weeks behind on my 365... I'll catch up eventually]

2 comments:

Jes Johnson August 26, 2009 at 7:57 AM  

Summer did go by WAY TOO FAST!! Grr...
I miss u bunches! I was shoppin around yesterday and found something I'd think you would like so I'll put it in the mail today :) How was Bunko? What did you get as prizes??? I miss bunko! You'll have to take lots of pics! MISS U!

Jes Johnson August 26, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

oh by the way.. this looks like an ipod ad! cute!!

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers