Sunday, May 16, 2010

College Graduate!


It's official. I'm a college graduate. It's crazy to be done, exciting and sad, but finally here!!

I graduate with honors - summa cum laude and with the deans award for outstanding graduate in the arts. My gpa was around 3.95 and I graduated with over 30 extra credits that don't web apply to my degree. I entered 4 years ago as a math major, spent a year and a half as an undecided major, and graduated as an art-photography major with a business minor. My photography was published 3 different semesters, I've had 3 joint exhibits and one solo exhibit. I also completed a self-portrait 365 project. I was awarded an honors undergraduate grant, completed an 85 page honors thesis, and presented my research at a research conference.

I commuted 1 hour each direction from Carson, usually four days a week, to attend classes. I worked 10-20 hours each week at my office job, and an additional number on my freelance photography. I spent evenings with my husband and managaed to keep up on most of my household responsibilities. I graduated with no student loans.

But these 'statistics' don't begin to explain my undergraduate experience.

I've grown tremendously. I've learned about my past, my weaknesses, and my strengths. I've learned to juggle multiple roles and responsibilities. I've learned to deal with stress, prioritize and to not sweat the small stuff. I learned how to be a loving and humble wife. I've become a leader and mentor while still a student and learner. I've become a technical and conceptual artist. I've recognized my desires and priorities and am learning to keep a proper outlook of life. I've learned to rely on God for my strength and to never take any of the good gifts He's given me for granted.

I'm thankful for the support of family, mentors, and peers through these last four years that have allowed me to continue striving to do my best.

Congrats to all my fellow 2010 University of Nevada, Reno graduates!!!!


0 comments:

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers