Friday, April 22, 2011

April Showers ...in the guest bathroom

Today is April 22nd.

How in the world is it already April 22nd? I feel like each year of my life, the days, months, and even seasons pass more quickly than the previous year. And I know I'm not the only one. Time doesn't actually speed up.. but since we can't accurately compare last year to this year, we are stuck always feeling like time is flying by!

And so, despite my good intentions to blog more.. its been nearly a month since my last post. (Can that really be true??) And I've been swamped. At work I'm busting my bottom like a good hard worker. At home I'm doing my best to keep up with laundry (my husband likes to leave his dirty clothes in two separate corners rather than the laundry basket), dishes (there are somehow more dishes to wash than we use for each meal), and vaccuming (jeff is determined to shave our golden retriever this summer, I'm determined to stop him). On top of the normal routine, our master bathroom has been under construction for the last 4-5 weeks. And then taxes *shudder*, but more about those later.

A number of years ago when we first moved into our house we realized that mold/mildew would grow along the edges of the tub faster than I could clean it. I tried to keep up but didn't think to much of it. Then one day Gracie (the golden retriever) ran around the side of our house to get a ball or something and we went to find her and realized the wall under the master bath window was completely warped and bubbled out. We called our landlords, and they patched up some broken grout. Fast forward to present and the warping had continued, but also moved into the floor around the tub. So we called our landlords again, and this time they sent a contractor.

For the last number of weeks the contractor stripped our bathroom: the tub, walls, floor, put in a new sink/vanity, tub, and tile. But its taken weeks. A few hours here, a few hours there... and injury or two and a few days later.. etc. So for the last month Jeff and I have been living out of our guest bathroom (which mind you is just as small as our master bathroom). But we only brought the absolute shower necessities into the guest bath, and everything else went into the garage. But now whenever we need something we have to go all the way out to the garage to get it.









A week ago the bathroom was finally ready to paint.  I choose a yellow color and offered to do the painting (Because I love to and haven't painted in years, except for painting exhibit walls white). So part of the day Friday and all day Monday I painted the bathroom.








Only a few places need a third coat and then we can finally return to using the master bathroom! And hopefully at least part of our life will return to normal. ;]



Connect with Harmony:  Like our Facebook page  |  Visit our Website  |  Email Harmony

0 comments:

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers