Monday, March 16, 2009

Going Under...

Its official.. The Body Shop at Home is going under.

Not that its a big deal.. or that I care that much (I had already decided in December to quit and started selling out my stock)... But now all the consultant supplies I was going to try to sell to other consultants is worthless. ;[ Bummer.

What I find strange is.. well maybe strange isn't the word.. ridiculous is better. What I find ridiculous is they kept on like nothing was happening. It's like they said "we'll just keep making new catalogs for new seasons, new consultant kits, new promotions and contests." Then they annouce this morning that The BodyShop is closing the At Home division. So to compensate all the people that work in the At Home division, they are giving extra commision and bonuses until it closes out at the end of April. They're also paying back any new consultants for their kit and will reimburse everyone that was supposed to win a trip to cancun with an equivalent trip.

Anyway.. if there is anyone that did want to order anything through my BodyShop account.. just email me. They will still have specials through April 30th.
................................
Along the same lines.. I just found out that the Old Navy in Carson is closing as well! ;[ I'm bummed because I love shopping their clearance.. but I guess I'll just have to hit up their going out of business sales.

What is up? I know the economy sucks and all.. but it seems like everyone is acting like it is the absolute end of the world. How many recessions have we had in the last 20 or 30 years? I know there have been multiple ones.. and clearly we've made it through all of them. Maybe I just don't remember the others because I wasn't in a consumer/employee/bill paying position?

I think the state of the economy should force everyone to look over their finances, recognize where they don't need to be spending money and cut back. Cook meals at home and have family dinner time. Skip going to the movies and play a board game. Get some face to face time.

More importantly, rely on God. He's soverign over all, which means He's soverign over the state of the economy, and over our finances and lives.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

2 comments:

Britanny March 18, 2009 at 10:37 AM  

People who don't have the money to spend do need to cut back and shouldn't be going out to dinner and movies if they can't pay their morgages! But if people have money, they should still do that stuff, otherwise more and more places will continue to go out of business.

But businesses also need to be smarter about it, and treat their employees better and not trick out on them. I've heard of so many businesses just randomly closing without notice. So, sorry about the body shop. :(

And just for the record.. even though Old Navy is going out of business.. they really havn't marked much down yet, kinda wierd...

Harmony March 19, 2009 at 9:45 PM  

Agreed. That's what I mean. Don't spend money you don't have. If you do have it, then spend it to keep the economy going.

I did go to Old Navy and they have no good deals... either I missed them or they haven't come yet.

And don't worry about Body Shop. I was done anyways, I just can't resell my consultant supplies now. But they weren't worth a whole lot anyway. ;]

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers