Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Silly little things...

I haven't really had any great ideas to write about.. do you need great ideas in order to blog?
Maybe it takes practice..

Anyway, here's a few silly things that happened in the past few days.

1. I thought I was technology savvy.. until I came up against the Blackberry Storm. I was finally proofreading my 1st blog post (probably should have done this before I posted it) and I found a couple minor errors I wanted to fix. Jeff and I were heading to a friend's house, so I decided to try to do the edits on his Blackberry Storm. Long story short, I spent around an hour trying to change maybe three sentences and I couldn't do it. I ended up making things worse than what they'd been and had to fix them when we got home.

2. Parlez-vous Français? Oui!
Im taking French for my required language in college. You should know that I took 3 or so years of it in High'School, but have since forgotten almost all of it and had to retake it from beginning. I'm only in the second semester, but already I'm starting (again) to dream in french and use certain phrases in place of english. Mostly simple phrases such as Merci (thank you), S'il vous plait (please), Je ne sais pas (I don't know), Excusez-moi (Excuse me), etc. They're simple, and most people know what they mean, but then I'll use it when someone opens a door for me and they look at me funny. Ah well, if only I could easily remember all the harder vocabulary.

3. I've officially decided that I'm awsome at creating things.
For my current photography project for school, I'm doing really large prints (I'll post pictures someday...). By large I mean larger than 3x4 feet! Its all fun and games (no really its not... its a lot of work and trouble, but worth it), except I need a way to store and transport them. And since they will be mounted onto foam core, I need a way that I can store them flat. My solution? Make my own portfolio box.
Step 1: Start with 2- 4x8 sheets of cardboard that do not fit into your car.
Step 2: Beg the box guy to cut it down to 3.5 x5 feet.
Step 3: Try to fit the still too large piece of cardboard into your trunk (while its raining!)
Step 4: Give up and fold both pieces in half.
Step 5: Get home, recut the cardboard and fold over all edges.
Step 6: Assemble into a flat box shape with the entire roll of packing tape.
Step 7: Dance for joy!
Step 8: Add a handle and do another dance! (And pray that it is the right size for the prints).

4. For the last year I haven't been able to find my graphing calculator. This was a problem considering I took accounting last semester and I'm taking marketing this semester. I tore my house apart looking for that calculator and finally gave up. I borrowed other people's for tests and such. Tomorrow, I have a marketing test that I need a calculator for. I had already planned on borrowing a friend's. Then tonight I found my calculator!!!! So strange. I was actually looking for my box cutter and my large ruler in my boxes of art stuff(to help assemble the large portfolio box). I was moving things out of the way, one of which was a plastic bag with smaller canvases in them.. and Suprise! At the bottom was my calculator!

Goodnight!

oh and 5. You should check out my friend brittany's latest blog post
here.

2 comments:

Britanny March 4, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

Hey I wanna see your giant prints. Arn't pictures even cooler when they are GINORMOUS!!??

So you speak French did I phrase my blog right? Ha.. because it would be quite embarassing if I didn't...

I think I'm going to start taking French next semester! I'm excited!

Harmony March 6, 2009 at 8:45 PM  

I will be posting another blog shortly about my journey through printing large and pictures of the actual prints! Check back soon! ;]

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers