Saturday, April 3, 2010

Missing, but too busy to care.

I wrote an extremely long blog (probably my longest one yet) on my experience of running my half marathon. I composed the message on my iphone using a blogger app over a number of days, adding pictures and such. I tried to post it one night and the app froze. so I canceled out of the app, and reentered and the blog was still in my draft section from the last save I had done. I reread through it, and the next morning I tried again. This time it worked. It said it was working for a little while and then told me my blog had been posted and asked if I wanted to view it now. I clicked yes.

However, when it took me to my blog, it took me to an older post, not the post on my half-marathon. So I opened a new safari page (mind you I'm still doing all this on my phone) and went to my blog's main page.. but my half-marathon post was not there. I figured it must have had a glitch and didn't post so I went back into the blog app thinking I could try again or email the text to myself and post from a computer. Only my blog post was no longer saved in my drafts, or in my posted blogs, or anywhere! I closed the app, turned off my phone, turned it back on and went back into the blogger app and it wasn't there. I double checked on my blog again and still nothing.

I have no clue where that blog post went. All I can figure is between my phone's app and the internet it got lost. Maybe its floating around out in Internet land and will one day post to my blog. But for now, it is lost. I was on my way out the door to school, and didn't ahve time to worry about my blog post. I love writing and posting blogs, but that was the last entry I intended to make until I finished my thesis and exhibit work. That particular blog took a long time to write, and although the sooner I write it the more material I might remember, I simply do not have time. So I put it out of my mind, and let it go. There was no point in stressing about it because there was nothing I could do.

I'm now in over-drive, working at 150% capacity to finish my thesis and exhibit by my due dates. My final thesis draft is due Monday 4/12. My exhibit starts the same day. I present my research at the Nevada Undergraduate Research Conference on Tues 3/13. Then my exhibit reception is on Thursday 4/15 (my artist cards arrived and they look awesome - I'll post a picture eventually). The following week I have my thesis defense on Tuesday 4/20 and a nice fat art history paper on Thursday 4/22 (that I haven't even started).

I'm working harder than Ithink I've ever worked in my college career. I've been getting up early to work on my thesis and then staying at UNR until 7 or 8 almost every night to work on my prints. Tonight I spent 7 hours (7pm to 2am) working on adding more material to my thesis. I've been running on little sleep, lots of chai tea, and the knowledge that I'll graduate in 5 weeks if I can power through these next 2.

My priorities are all out of order right now. I haven't done many if any chores around the house. If I manage to cook dinner its usually a quick meal like pasta or hamburger helper. Homework for other classes is being neglected. I haven't run since my marathon (its only been one week - and my knee has been sore so I figure some time off is fine). I've been a stranger to Jeff. And I missed the Good Friday service at church tonight. My sole focus is getting my thesis and exhibit done.

Once they're done, the rest of the semester will fly by and I'll graduate. Then I might have time to catch up on neglected relationships with family and friends and maybe even get my house back in order. And maybe at that point I'll get around to rewriting the blog about my half-marathon. [And finish the blogposts for San Diego Day 2 and Day 3].

0 comments:

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers