Saturday, January 16, 2010

Starting and finishing are two different things.

I have high ambitions and high goals. But sometimes I think I set them unrealistically high.

I start blog posts all the time, and never finish them. I start photo projects and never finish them. I have multiple unfinished canvases in my closet, half sewn skirts and shirts in my office and half-sanded dressers in the garage.

I think part of my problem is I want to do to many things. So when a project takes longer than a day to complete, I'm ready to start something new on day two and so the first day's project doesn't get completed.

I have goals to complete all my unfinished projects. And I will at some point. But that will likely be after school is done.

Have I mentioned that school is almost done? Well let me mention it again....
I GRADUATE IN MAY!!!!!!

I am so excited. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and its unreal. Its like birthdays when you're a little kid. You know your birthday is 5 months away... and then 2 weeks away, but as excited as you are it doesn't really feel like its your birthday until its the actual day and you get cake! It'll feel like graduation when I turn in my thesis, take my final finals, and walk across that stage.

But before I get there, there is lots to be done.

My thesis is the largest barrier between me and that stage. I have lots of research to finish, the actual thesis to write, pictures to take and print and frame, and an exhibit to hold. [in april or may I'll have an exhibit at UNR so EVERYONE should come and support me!]

I have 3-4 more months of my 365 project. I have 2 months of backlogged 365 editing to finish.

I have lots of wedding, senior, maternity, and family pictures to edit and upload.

I have to finish revising my website to have commercial and personal work on it (its in progress and I really like the new layout/design.. just a slow process doing it page by page).

I need to clean my office out like a madwoman. I hold onto and keep everything. and everything is currently thrown around my office. I don't think I've used my office as an office for at least 2-3 months. (sshh don't tell jeff, I told him I'd clean it, and I will.. as soon as I have time)

I need to travel to San Diego. Part of my thesis grant award [Did I mention I recieved funding to pay for my thesis work? I get to travel to san diego, and it pays for my paper and framing!], is traveling to San Diego to explore where my parents grew up.

In March I'm hoping to run a half-marathon. I'm training right now, and its going well. But 13 miles is a whole lot longer than the 3-4 I've been doing.
Anyways, I have lots to do before I graduate in May. I'm so looking forward to being done with school. And as much work as its going to be until then, I'm looking forward to all the different things that stand between me and that stage. ;]
--------------------------
OH and since I'll probably never finish a couple of other blogs I started...
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

0 comments:

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers