Thursday, January 21, 2010

Oops!


For the last month, I've been telling myself and everyone else that school started next Monday 1/25. I had that date written on every calendar.

I was wrong.


This Monday was Martin Luther King Jr day, and Jeff had it off, so I took it off. We slept in a little bit and after we'd woken up I checked emails and social sites and a college friend had posted a tweet About how happy she was that school didn't start until Tuesday 1/19. I thought, "silly, school doesn't start until next week." Then I began to wonder if I could be wrong. And so I texted my brother and my carpool buddy (who is actually no longer carpooling this semester) and then logged onto the UNR website to check the schedule. [mind you I'm doing all of this while still laying in bed, on my iPhone... Which is just awesome]

Turns out I was wrong. School did start Tuesday 1/19. Thank goodness I found out Monday and didn't miss a week of school. It was embarrassing calling my boss and telling him I'd messed up about when my classes started. It also sucked having to rush to order books, gather my backpack and junk and try to mentally get ready.

How exactly does one not know when her final semester begins? I think what happened is at the beginning of break in December a couple people asked when classes would start again and I got in the habit of saying "about the last week in January." I said it so much I believed it and never checked the actual schedule. How I managed to not hear from anyone that I was wrong is a complete surprise too.

So this week has been interesting. I managed to get 2 of my books from the library (and for the entire semester because I'm an honors nerd- yes it finally pays off!) Two days in a row I wore different boots that had small holes in the soles, which matched with falling snow resulted in wet socks and feet. I still feel like I'm not mentally prepared to be back in school, but seeing as the being in school part won't change I'll have to get back into the groove if things this weekend.

But since school started, it means I've officially begun my final semester of college!!!

1 comments:

The Guddats February 4, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

Harmony,

WNC started a week later so does that make you feel better? Maybe because a lot of people around you were starting then...hey it happens =-)

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers