Friday, June 18, 2010

The Grimm Family(ies)

A couple weekends back I had the lovely pleasure of doing some quick family portraits and a couple business headshots for the Grimm Family. My dear friend Elizabeth (who was my maid of honor) married a fantastic man a couple years back. They live an hour or so away so we don't get to hang out much, but we still keep in touch and get together when we can.

Her husband recently graduated from the fire academy (Elizabeth is so excited to have a firefighter for a husband) and they were going to hold a graduation party for him. She called me up a few days beforehand to ask about my availability for a large family portrait shoot in July and told me she'd call me back once she'd coordinated between the two families. When she called me back she asked if I could just do it during the graduation party... which normally I'd be inclined to say no.. as I wouldn't want to take away 15 people from the party for an hour shoot. However, they just wanted some low key standing posed portraits and said there was a creek/river nearby the house. So I agreed.

The creek ended up being much uglier than we had both anticipated, so we just shot in their front yard, which had some beautiful green grass and green shrubs and trees. We cycled through the business shots and then the family portraits pretty quickly. They were hilarious. I tried to position them by having them mirror my actions, but it didn't catch on at first and they all had fun laughing at each other. Elizabeth had instructed them to all avoid patterns or screened shirts, and so the families opted for bright or pastel spring colors, which I was thrilled about. [don't get me wrong I think family portraits with matching white or black is classic.. but mixmatched bright colors is lively!]

20100606_Grimm-FP_blog

I owe Elizabeth a HUGE thank you/shout out as she is my number one referer (is that even a word?) - just today she called to tell me she had a wedding for me in late July! I LOVE YOU ELIZABETH!! (And congrats, again, Justin on your graduation from the fire academy!)

20100606_Grimm-FP_03 blog

0 comments:

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers