Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Moving slowly

I'm at a point where everything is waiting for me to take the next step, but I am frozen, waiting, or unsure.

I'm beginning to come to grips with the idea that I'm done with college... Meaning it's time to do something, be something, to figure things out. And I'm starting, but I'm moving do slowly it's almost like I'm not moving at all.

I'm ready to take on more commisioned photography, so I'm working on setting up an llc, getting a business license... The whole legit package. I'm also ready to start making more art and art/craft and selling/exhibiting. I am so excited to pursue my art, and really begin working to make it my full-time endeavor. But I can't just quit my office job... so I'm trying to start up everything in my spare time. It's exhausting.

There are so many things I want to do... With my art, with my house, & with my life at this moment. And since I'm trying to do it all at once, I end up doing very little of any.

It's been 1 month since I graduated. I'm ready to buy my next camera and a new computer, but I haven't because I haven't had a chance to sit down and make sure I have everthing squared away. My art production has slowed to null. I'm inspired, but also tired and (to be honest) lazy. I have 2-5 months of backlogged 365 pictures to edit... But I have mixed feelings about finally getting to them... It's almost like I'm revisiting the past when I should be actively working in the present instead.

Part of my issue is that my office is a disaster (I kid you not it looks like it was torn apart by a tornado or a pack of sugar-hyped toddlers). I have a small OCD tendency and cannot whatsoever work in a messy office. And so I've been working in the living room, and dining room... and avoiding cleaning my office. I hope things will be easier once it's cleaned and organzied and I'll have my own workspace again.

This fantastic summer weather also isn't helping. I want to go outside to do work, but none of the things I need to do can be done outside... Except reading, but my old hammock broke and I haven't found a replacement (if anyone has one they want to sell or knows of a place selling them for a reasonable price... Let me know!!)

But I digress. I hope that these next few weeks/months will prove to be productive, and that I'll be able to share old and new work with you, along with exciting announcements and plans!

0 comments:

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers