Friday, June 4, 2010

Homemade Blueberry Cupcakes with Lemon Whipped Cream Frosting

Blueberry Cupcake - Lemon Whipped Cream Frosting

So as I promised, here's the recipe for my homemade blueberry cupcakes with lemon whipped cream frosting. Something inside of me fights giving out yummy recipes like this. [ I guess I'm a little selfish and think that by keeping it to myself, I'm the only one who can make delicious treats... ] But since I like when people share recipes with me, I'll share this with you!

If you try it - let me know how they turn out! ;]

Blueberry Cupcakes
ingredients
1/2 c butter, melted
1 ½ c sugar
3 c flour
4 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
2 egg
1 c milk
2 t vanilla extract (or lemon extract)
2 c fresh blueberries (washed and floured)

directions
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- line 24 cupcake tins with paper liners
- combine butter & sugar
- in another bowl, sift flour, baking powder, & salt
- add dry ingredients into wet ingredients
- add egg, milk, & extract
- fold in blueberries
- fill paper liners 3/4 full
- bake for 15 min & check
- in needed, bake an additional 5-10 mins, until toothpick comes out clean

Lemon Whipped Cream Frosting
ingredients
2 c whipping cream
5-6 t sugar (to taste)
~1/4 c fresh squeezed lemon juice
~1 T grated lemon zest

directions
- chill bowl and whisk attachment until cold
- pour cream into bowl, whisk on med-high until it starts to thicken
- slow speed to medium and gradually add sugar and lemon zest
- continue to whisk until soft peaks form
- add lemon juice & whisk by hand until its smooth & stiff peaks form (meaning that when you raise the whisk, the cream will stand up)
- you can frost by hand, or pipe it onto the cupcakes

These cupcakes also taste delicious with lemon cream cheese frosting. That recipe is in my cookbook! [ I don't think I've posted pics for it yet either, but I will, soon... or eventually! ]

Enjoy!!! ...and let me know how yours turn out!

0 comments:

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers