Monday, August 23, 2010

The Beginning of Something New

Today I'm moving on. I went to the gym at 8am. I had a dentist appointment at 11am. I sat down at Starbucks to start editing images from recent photoshoots at 12:45pm. I'm longing to drive to Reno. To feel the buzz of peers and to smell new books and paper. But I won't. I'm going to sit right here, with my iced green tea, and edit my heart out.

Today will be the first day in 17 years that I will not be going back to school. I miss it already, but with every longing for the classroom, I'm reminding myself that I worked really hard to be where I am - to be done with school and starting my photo career. And I'm trying to remind myself that all I wanted to do when I was in school is exactly what I am doing right now.

I made it to my goal and began the next stage of my life. Now I am forming new goals and I am prepared to put in the time and hard work to reach them.

0 comments:

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers