Monday, August 30, 2010

Ray + Jeanne | Married ~ Carson Valley Wedding

Last month I had the honor of shooting Ray & Jeanne's vintage farmhouse wedding. A couple nights before the wedding I had a horrible nightmare, but thankfully my nightmare did not come true and I shot well beyond 5 images and did not pass out during the wedding. ;]

An hour before the Ray and Jeanne’s wedding, the sky over the valley turned gray and I could see scattered rain showers off in the distance. As I drove to the wedding there were sprinkled raindrops on my windshield and all I could do was pray that the rain would stay away for the evening. Thankfully, God is so good and the rain did stay away! The overcast sky kept the weather cool enough to be enjoyable and provided great lighting for all my images!

Jeanne is an interior decorator, and her decorating instincts were clearly visible over every detail of her wedding. Bright bold colors, paired with mix-matched vintage china, and delicate bouquets of flowers adorned the guests’ tables.

The trees, canopies, and gazebos were trimmed with colorful lanterns that swayed as the breeze blew through.

The ceremony was short and sweet with a slightly humorous undertone. Guests stood scattered around the grass, piping up to share their two cents when Jeanne, Ray, or the minister missed a beat, always followed by a round of shared laughter.

I could go on and on about how much I adored their wedding and all the amazing people, but I’ll let you see for yourself! ;]

RayJeanneBlog01
RayJeanneBlog02
RayJeanneBlog03
RayJeanneBlog04
RayJeanneBlog05
RayJeanneBlog06
RayJeanneBlog07
RayJeanneBlog08
RayJeanneBlog09
RayJeanneBlog10
RayJeanneBlog11
RayJeanneBlog12
RayJeanneBlog13
RayJeanneBlog14
RayJeanneBlog15
RayJeanneBlog16
RayJeanneBlog17
RayJeanneBlog18
RayJeanneBlog19
RayJeanneBlog20
RayJeanneBlog21
RayJeanneBlog22
RayJeanneBlog23
RayJeanneBlog24
RayJeanneBlog25
RayJeanneBlog26
RayJeanneBlog27
RayJeanneBlog28
RayJeanneBlog29

This was my first wedding shooting on my new camera (Canon 5d markii), and I must say, it was a blast. My original intention was to carry both cameras (the canon and my Nikon D80), but I ended up leaving the Nikon in the camera bag the entire night. { sorry Nikon.. I still love you, just not as much as the Canon }.

Oh and I finally made up some new postcards with the wedding gallery info on the reverse. I didn’t have time to send out for prints, so I printed them out on my own little printer, and I have to say, I was quite please with them {as were many of the guests!}

Credits:
Photography – {harmonyhilderbrand} …photography
Wedding Coordinator – Daisy & Jeanne
Jeanne’s Hair & Makeup Artist – Stacy Stiltz
Decorations – Daisy & Ron from The Entertainer + Jeanne James
Flowers – The Entertainer
Appetizers – Tahoe Ridge Winery
Catering – Prime Cut BBQ
Desserts – Russell’s Mercantile
Bartenders – Daisy and Ron from The Entertainer
Band – Carl & the ClassicsMinister – Pete Nelson, Methodist Minister, Gardnerville, NV

0 comments:

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers