Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hilderbrand Holiday Card/Newsletter | Christmas 2010 - New Years 2011

I’ve never been good at Christmas newsletters, I think mainly because for the past few years I've always been so busy. Each year I’ve started a fresh newsletter with good intentions to finish it. However, every year, I’ve failed. This year, I’m determined, and since Jeff and I haven’t had a newsletter yet, it seems appropriate to update you on the highlights of or past four years together (with lots of pictures ;] ).
Click 2006-2009 updates. {coming soon!}
Keep reading for 2010...

Jeff+Harmony
This year Jeff & I celebrated our 4th year of marriage in August. We traveled to San Diego in March (part of my thesis work/vacation) and Las Vegas in October (martial arts camp). In May we served as chaperones for a singles theology conference in Lake Tahoe. Gracie (our golden retriever) turned 3 and Charlie (the tuxedo kitten) is now a year old.

San Diego:





Singles Theology Conference:


Las Vegas:




Harmony
I had a very full year. In March I ran a half marathon and placed first in my age division!! (But 50th of 100 or so overall… haha) In April I had a solo photography exhibit for two weeks as part of my honors thesis. In May I graduated from the University of Nevada, Reno with a BA in Art/Photography and a minor in Business. I’m one of those nerdy people, graduating with honors, Summa Cum Laude, completed a 60+ page thesis, and was awarded the Deans Award for Outstanding Graduate in the Arts. (Phew! So glad to be done!) I started teaching 3-5 years olds in Kids Desiring God on alternating Wednesday nights and got involved with a ladies bible study going through the book Helper by Design by Elise Fitzpatrick. I also (officially) launched my part-time photography business (www.harmonyhilderbrand.com)!




I carried my camera with me onto stage during graduation and took pictures with the associate dean (one of my past English professors) as he gave me my diploma!!



My grandparents at my graduation party.. isn’t my grandpa a goof?


I also traveled to Las Vegas in June for a work conference. My boss is a pilot and he flew his family and I down in his little Cessna plane! I got to sit up front and be his co-pilot, which really meant staring out the window at the beautiful view and asking what all the little dials meant.


Jeff
Jeff was a chaperone to our church's youth conference in Riverside, CA. He also started ushering at church on occasional Sundays, which has been a great way to get to know old and new faces at our church. Jeff continued to train in Kenpo Karate. He traveled to many seminars (mostly in Wyoming) and started teaching on Mondays and Wednesdays. Most exciting... Jeff earned his black belt in September! {and I wasn't there ;[ } He is still working for the State of NV and spends most of his time at the gym (but I love his muscles, so it's worth it).
{karate pics are coming!}

Jeff+Harmony
Here some other pictures from throughout the year.

80’s themed birthday party for Eric (who turned 30). Jeff and I went as the nerd and the hot girl. Haha


We won tickets to attend the Arts & Oscars fundraiser in Reno, so we got all dressed up, took some pictures in the backyard and then had fun being fancy.


Sarah Rhodes (now Strachan's) Bachelorette/Girls Night



We have been blessed by God with steady jobs, a wonderful house to live in, a faithful church body, and life. We hope that God has blessed you this year as well and pray that He would be your strength and hope through this coming year.

<3 Jeff and Harmony

1 comments:

The Guddats December 27, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

yay, Harmony! I love the end of the year wrap up with all the pics =-)

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers