Monday, December 20, 2010

The Hayes | Wellington, NV Family Portrait Session

Meet the Hayes Family. I met them through our church, and they are one of the most pleasant and humble families I’ve had the pleasure to meet. Debbie, the mother, put on this year’s Vacation Bible School, a full cowboy theme that was a huge success. Savannah, the oldest daughter, is studying to become a midwife! Lacey is studying art {a girl after my own heart} at a Christian Liberal Art University.

This was one of the first photoshoots I’ve had to reschedule due to bad weather. Almost every session I’ve had the pleasure to shoot has always ended up with perfect or acceptable weather. Most often, (especially last winter) weather would be horrid, up til the session date, and then suddenly the skies would clear, the temperature would rise, we’d hold the session, and watch the weather return to the horrible conditions as before. This time, however, good weather did not happen. It snowed all day Friday and then rained all day Saturday, leaving yucky muddy puddles everywhere, and making it impossible to shoot outside. We rescheduled for today, hoping the weather would be better, and for the most part it was, despite almost freezing temperatures.

The Hayes were so kind to pick me up {an hour drive!} and take me to their house in a 4wdrive vehicle (just in case the weather decided to change). Then we held our shoot and they fed me taco salad before driving me home. ;] I am so thankful for wonderful families like them.

Here’s a couple of their images from today’s session. (Do you see the cute little goat eating the hay!? :D)


0 comments:

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers