Friday, January 6, 2012

A sick puppy

Is there a negative correlation between how often you get sick, and how sick you get? I haven't been sick since I had Swine/H1N1 flu in 2009, and I feel like death. My head feels like a balloon thats being dragged thousands of feet underwater. My cough sounds like a dying gargoyle. And I don't recognize the tired haggard person that stares back at me from the mirror.

Its odd how you forget what it feels like to be sick. Of course now that I am sick, I can't remember what it feels like to be normal. Hopefully normal is right around the corner. I'm so thankful I have an amazing husband. He's been making dinner, cleaning, making breakfast, packing his own lunch, and running errands for me. He even brought me hot and sour soup, which is the best soup in the whole world.

These past couple days I've been surviving on lemon/honey tea, emergen-c, water, and Ugly Betty. I think I watched almost an entire season on Netflix on Wednesday. Jeff & I got the kinect system for Christmas, and it lets you control the xbox completely by voice. So my sick little behind doesn't even have to budge to play another episode or pause, I just say "xbox pause" or whatever I want it to do. The only way it could be better is if I should say "xbox bring me more tea" or "xbox make me some soup."

The worst part about being sick is not being able to do anything. I know I have a million things to do at the office, and even more to do for photography at home, but I have no energy to do any of them. I tried to clean up the kitchen this morning and completely wore myself out. I feel so lazy laying on the couch all day, watching Ugly Betty and taking naps. I know its my body's way of fighting off this bug, but it sucks.

Anyone have any tips on how to get over being sick quickly? I want to be done!




Connect with Harmony:  Like the Facebook page    Visit the Website    Email Harmony     Or Post a Comment Below


0 comments:

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers