Thursday, April 2, 2009

A new start

From a few days ago…

In a few minutes I’m about to meet up with a person from my past that I haven’t spoken to in the last few years. Without a lot of detail, we had a falling out and haven’t been able to repair our friendship. I struggled with a lot of anger and hurt but realized that if Christ is our center ground then there is no reason for discontent. I’m excited. But I’m nervous and uneasy at the same time. It’s that uneasy feeling in the pit of your stomach and the top of your throat that creeps up on you right before your final speech in communications class in high school.

I’m not nervous because I think we won’t get along. I’m nervous that our interaction will be fake, a superficial front for any feelings we have about the past. I want to repair our friendship and be able to put the past behind us and move forward and start fresh. I’m willing. I’m hoping they’re willing. And I hope we can both recognize it.

If tonight goes like I hope… then one more bump in the past could be smoothed, and I’d gain another friend in Christ.

Today….

Good news! ;] Everything worked out wonderfully and it seems as though we have a fresh start. And to be honest, it feels the same as when we were good friends. Sure it will take time to be really close, and we both know there is a past there.. but that past doesn’t interfere with now.

At first I felt a little uneasy, I wasn’t sure of what to say without being fake. But that quickly faded. We caught up on our lives from the past few years and what we’re doing currently. It was great. We had laughed, we reminisced and we had fun.

God is good, and does good things for His glory. Praises be to His name. ;]


“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.”

Proverbs 3:5-6

0 comments:

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers