Saturday, April 11, 2009

Project 365?

So I've been considering taking up a project 365. [what's that?] Project 365 is where you take a photograph each day, every day, for an entire year (hence the 365). Some people do any photograph each day, others do self portraits.

An awsome photographer in my class is currently doing a 365 self-portrait project. You should view her work here. It kind of spurred me to start looking at how others have done the 365 project.. and made me wonder if maybe I should try it.

I really want to. I think it would help me grow as a photographer and artist. However, I have lots of doubts. First, I highly doubt I'd be able to stick with it for the full 365... I don't have a lot of time each day to compose and shoot.. let alone enough time to get the images on my computer and uploaded? Eek! Plus, there are lots of other things I should really start doing daily before I commit to something like this.. such as reading my bible, cleaning, doing homework, making dinner, showering... [just kidding.. wanted to see if you were still reading].

But then again.. it would force me to be more creative, make better photographs, and grow! Although I love photography, and its my major and all... I've seemed to take less and less photographs on a regular basis as time goes on. And how in the world can I grow if I never shoot? I'd want to do the any photograph.. simply because I'm horrible at self-portraits. When I say horrible... I mean absolutely awful. I applaud everyone that can.. because I find it extremely difficult. But then again.. if I did the self portraits it would help me grow in that aspect. If I can create an awsome self-portrait then theoretically anything else should be much easier.. right?

And... maybe if I'm able to commit to something like this it will help me to commit to other things. I've heard it takes 21 consecutive days to make a habit. I wasn't sure I'd be able to blog on a regular basis.. but hey- I've done pretty well thus far!

We'll see. I'll sleep on it and decide.

Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Britanny April 16, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

I didn't know you had class with Lauren... she is an amazing photographer! I'm quite envious of her talent (and her self portraits are always quite incredible). Funny...

But I think you should do it! It sounds very exciting and it would be so neat to look back over the year and see how you improved with your work. I'm already excited for you!

Britanny April 16, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

So I was thinking about this today after reading your blog, and finally picked up my camera for the first time in a long time. I'm thinking about doing it too... but of Journee. We'll see how good I am at doing it though.... haha.

Harmony April 17, 2009 at 12:04 AM  

You should! I'm trying to.. I want to do self portraits.. but I think I'll say that I'll aim for self portraits.. and even if I don't do a self portrait I will do a picture of some sort each day.

You should of Journee! Imagine how you'll be able to see how she grows! ;]

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers