Thursday, July 22, 2010

Nightmare

Last night I had the worst dream.

This Saturday I will shoot my first wedding with my new camera. I am so excited. I adore weddings, and this will be my first of the year (sad, but true.. I've been so busy with school I stopped doing almost any photoshoots, and I've only begun to start scheduling them again). [[plug - please help me fill my calendar and book your shoot today! ;] end plug]]

Anyways, so I dreamt I showed up and it was this incredibly elaborate wedding (one of those weddings that ever photographer dreams of). Their was a fancy staircase outside that had been set up for the ceremony. It was covered with ivy and lights, and surrounded by gazebos. Before the beginning of the ceremony, I climbed the staircase and announced to the entire crowd that I was the wedding photographer [so embarassing to share.. I would NEVER do this], and that I would do my best to stay out of their way, and asked that they excuse the moments when I had to step in front of them to get 'the shot'. During the dream it seemed like this was a completely normal thing to do.. although after I woke up I had to scratch my head and wonder what goes on in my subconcious.

The next thing I remember is waking up (still in the dream) many hours later, and realizing the wedding was over. As I tried to recall where I was and what had happened, I remembered that I was at the elaborate wedding. I scrambled to my feet, looked around, and realized the wedding was over. Fear gripped me. I grabbed my camera, saying a quick prayer that I hadn't missed the entire wedding. But to my alarm, my memory card only contained 5 photographs. I had missed the entire wedding and captured only five images! I was terrified. I assumed (or knew inately) that I had passed out due to vertigo [likely a distant memory from my trip to Las Vegas]. I wondered why the guests hadn't woken me up or noticed I wasn't shooting during the wedding.

I woke up (real life now) in a sweat, freaking out. I spent a couple minutes in the dazed in-between state where you can't remember if the dream was real or not and you're not sure what day it is or where you are. Thankfully when I came to solid consciousness I realized it was Thursday, not Saturday; that the nightmare had been just that; and that I didn't make a complete cheesy fool of myself in front of an entire wedding group. However, I am now a little bit more nervous than I was yesterday about this upcoming wedding. Thankfully my husband will be coming with me, so if I do pass out [highly unlikely.. haven't had vertigo since a week after my trip] he'll be there to wake me up. ;]

0 comments:

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers