Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Workouts, dreams, and postcards

I feel complexly out of it this morning.

Yesterday I pushed myself really hard in my workout. I played tennis with a friend in the morning, and then headed to the gym in the afternoon. I split a 2.5-mile run around a Core Building class. It was a hard workout, and I was tired and achy everywhere yesterday evening. This morning, I feel like I got hit by a bus. Every muscle on my body aches (except for maybe my fingers), but really everything else hurts.

Last night I had weird dreams – kind of inception based, but then also about college, video games, hostage situations, and the end of the world. To make it more interesting I heard a song by India Arie yesterday, and so the song, along with her name were interlaced throughout my entire dream, and the song was playing in my head when I woke up this morning.

To make this morning even more complex, today is my one day off of work this week – which means intense cleaning and photo business work. And Jeff decided to call in. He came home for a half day yesterday, and then this morning decided he wasn’t feeling well enough to go back to work yet. So rather than getting up at 7 and getting moving, I slept in with my hubby. Until 9:30. Ugh.

And even 9:30 was a hard wake up. You know how you feel after you take a long nap in the middle of the day? A nap that should have lasted 30 minutes but ended up being 3 hours? Where you feel even more drowsy and tired than you did before you went to sleep and your body is completely sluggish? That’s what happened at 9:30 this morning.

But now I’m up and went straight to it. (yes I’m blogging, but I’m multitasking so its okay!) I’m printing postcards for a wedding this Saturday, hoping my dandy little printer doesn’t run out of ink before I print enough of these cards! (It has been saying Ink is low for the last couple days, but I’ve printed over ten full page, double sided color prints and it isn’t empty yet!). I can’t wait to share these postcards with you and all the guests at Saturday’s wedding! Now off to work around the house!

0 comments:

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers