Saturday, July 10, 2010

Yay Camera is Here!!!! ...NOT.

What a day of mixed emotions. Anxious, excited, stressed, giddy, happy, let down, hopeful, bummed, more bummed, extremely dissapointed.

7:00a awake, getting ready, cannot believe today has finally arrived... the day my new camera will arrive!

8:00 Jeff left for work. I'm left in an empty house to prepare for hosting bunko.
next few hours spent cleaning and working on my new website layout, all the time anxiously watching the clock and wondering when UPS will arrive.

12:00p cleaning, finding subs for bunko.

3:30 UPS arrives. hardly able to contain my excitement as I sign the UPS person's tablet. bring box inside. jump up and down (literally) while screaming giddily like a little girl)

3:35p Unpacked the box (which was more round that box shaped due to the amount of air bubbles inside to protect my order)
assembled the lens filters on the two lenses, put the strap on the camera, put in the memory card, and finally the battery.
flipped switch to on. nothing happens. dissapointment.
plug battery into charger into wall and sit anxiously.

6:15 battery charger light turns green (battery fully charged. put in camera, turn switch to on, nothing. try everything - take apart reassemble, etc... nothing.

6:30 bunko. camera troubleshooting.

11:00 lookup possible battery replacement fix. Walmart with Jeff. they don't carry proper battery size. really bummed.

12:00am lookup troubleshooting on forums, canon website, call canon tech support (closed). retake apart everything from box position. reassemble, still nothing.

12:30 defeat. extremely dissapointed.

I know Canon will replace the camera/battery/etc if it is faulty. But I'm just really dissapointed that the camera I've been saving for for almost 2 years is finally here. [can I stress the finally? ...like this purchase is a huge step for me] And I can't even get the camera to turn on. There are all these buttons I want to figure out. All these dials I want to customize. A super awesome lens I want to experiment with. Oh and did I mention I now have a camera that can shoot video? Definately need to play with that. But I can't. And so it all just sits here. Its too late to do anything because nobody is open. :[

I'm thankful that I'm blessed enough to have been able to save money to buy this camera. I'm blessed that I live in a place that I can purchase a camera and have it delivered to my house. I'm thankful that if it is faulty it will be replaced.

I just wish it would have worked perfectly from the get-go. Maybe tomorrow everything will work itself out. I hope.

0 comments:

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers