Friday, October 29, 2010

Day Five | Fall Fashion Week

So it just seems to work better these past couple days to post at/after 10pm. I was actually the first person for what was technically day 5's list {But I was posting day 4's outfit} over on Emery Jo's blog. {its exciting to be the first to post!}

Day Five: I always make lists for what I need to do on Fridays.. and then I never seem to even complete half of my list. It didn't help that today I was in a slightly sour mood. I slept in {which really should have helped} and had to deal with some work stuff when I woke up.

Then sent my press release for Images for a Cure to all the local papers and radio stations. I was so nervous {I actually got butterflies!}. I really hope that some of the papers will run my story and help me raise some $ for breast cancer research!

In the afternoon I ran into town to hang flyers for Images for a Cure at the Starbucks/coffeeshops around town. {I was still nervous.. and managed to completely forget to introduce myself at every single place I went!! oh my goodness...} Thankfully most of the places hung the flyer right on the spot, only one had to check with a manager.

When I got home I was not in a mood to do anything. I wanted to sit. or take a nap. But I remembered I needed to shoot my fashion pics for the day and drug my sorry butt out of the house. A block from my house there's a trailhead that leads to a hole bunch of interweaving trails through the sagebrush covered hills. A little ways down the trail there is this old tree that I love. It has branches every which way, has a couple low enough to climb/jump up into, and sits in a perfect scenic little area. I love this tree. Its been the backdrop for many images over the last couple years. ;]



Details: I wore the sweater for part of the day but it was warm enough I didn't need really need it.
The vest I bought for 25 cents at a garage sale, then undid some of the stitching to shorten the straps and take in the sides. {such an awesome deal}
The shoes were a pair my husband picked out because he loved them.. but once I brought them home and started wearing them he decided he didn't like them as much {he's not a fan of the peep toe}. And I have to share - that I was running like a madwoman from my tripod, down a short hill, and jumping up into the tree, while in these heels, just to get the right shot.


Jeans: Same jeans as day one
Shirt: Years and years ago.. maybe Target?
Vest: Garage sale
Sweater: Years and Years old.. no clue where I got it
Heels: Target

View my other fall fashion posts: Day one | Day two | Day three | Day four | Day five | Day six| Day seven
Or you can view a list of all the blogs of other people participating on Emery's Blog.

Outtakes: I was still hoping I could use my remote.. but no sucess. Then my husband called. And on the first jump into the tree I banged my head on the upper branch. I now have a bump/bruise/scrap at my hairline. Ouch!


I'm off to play Bunko with some church ladies! ;]

8 comments:

Chelsea October 30, 2010 at 7:29 AM  

the shoes and jacket are awesome.

Alicia October 30, 2010 at 7:51 AM  

you're so beautiful!! I love the vest and the shoes are to die for! I love it!

E October 30, 2010 at 8:25 AM  

Love this look. Those shoes are adorable and I love that you altered that vest yourself.

Helen October 30, 2010 at 8:48 AM  

THAT is a wonderful photo shooting, I loved it and laughed out loud when I read about banging your head. So that's what one never sees with the photos. Thanks for sharing the "takeouts".

I love your white shirt - I love combining those with jeans, too.

Charlotte October 30, 2010 at 8:55 AM  

How could your husband NOT love those heels? They are way sexy!

ga October 30, 2010 at 10:05 AM  

Bravo on jumping in that tree with heels on!!! I hate it when I can't get my remote to work! Drives me nutso...

Rachael October 30, 2010 at 11:37 PM  

Great photos as always!! Glad you dragged yourself down the way to get 'em :)

Ashley Hasty October 31, 2010 at 4:37 AM  

I'm impressed. Climbing a tree in heels isn't easy! And you look so great doing it!


http://ashleyanderic.blogspot.com

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers