Monday, October 11, 2010

New Website Launch!

Today I launched my new website!!! It went live this afternoon, and while there are still a few small bugs and a few pages under construction, I think its a great improvement over my old site!



I've been working on my redesign for over a year. I'm way lame and do everything from scratch, and so it takes forever. It doesn't help that I am indecisive and changed the entire theme more than three times! But I did a test run with a new background on this blog. Since I didn't have any complaints (haha.. don't send them to me now, its too late!) I went with it.


Here's some of the biggest changes:


one - The splash page (or the home page) was pretty bland:

and now it has been redesigned. Plus I'll have a separate website for all of my art-related work (photography, painting, ceramics, bookarts, etc...):




two - The portfolio page before had portraits and weddings in two galleries that only worked if you had the most recent version of flash:

The new design split portraits into one page and weddings/engagements into a second. The portraits page is then divided into multiple portrait groupings. And rather than use flash galleries, the galleries are now visible to all users by a scrolling gallery(except mobile cellphone - I'll figure out how to fix that access eventually):



three - The new website now has a dedicated contact page with a form that lets you submit inquiries straight from the website:



four - And finally (I think I'm most excited about this), I was able to replace the standard Internet Explorer icon with my own little icon!


Now its your turn! Give me your input. What could make the website better (or this blog?)? Are there any links that don't work? Are there layouts that aren't showing up properly for you? Any creative criticism and input is welcomed!

0 comments:

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers