Monday, October 25, 2010

Day One | Fall Fashion Week


For the past year I've watched a fellow photographer Tiffany particpate in various Fashion Weeks... and after her post this morning, I decided it was time to join the fun!

I guess (if I understand it right) all I have to do is take a picture of my outfit each day this week! You can view a list of all the blogs of other people participating on Emery's Blog.

So today was day one. I was a half lazy bum all morning. I did tons of housework [the unlazy half of me] but stayed in my pajamas and didn't even brush my teeth [ew! definately the lazy half of me]. By midday I couldn't take anymore and showered and put together day one's outfit!

It may be fall already, (and getting chilly) but Mondays (and Fridays) I work from home doing photography work so most of my day is spent inside, and my house heats up nice and toasty from sun streaking through our windows. [meaning I didn't have to have a heavy sweater or sweatshirt on]


But just incase I needed to go outside I had a jacket planned into my outfit.



Last year I did a self-portrait 365 project (one portrait each day) with my Nikon. I had a remote and it made things easy. Now I'm using my Canon 5D Mark ii... and for whatever reason, the remote I bought [that isn't Canon brand but designed for the 5d and 5d mark ii cameras] will only do remote trigger, it won't do remote+timer. So here's a few outtakes of me trying to get my remote to work. (Yes I even tried to bounce it off a mirror.. which worked, but I couldn't get the placement right) I finally gave up and shot everything on timer, running to and from my camera in between each shot. [forgive the mean faces... I wasn't angry... I guess my concentration face is just a little unhappy]


Turquoise Flats: Target (my hubby picked them out for me as a Christmas present last year.. but couldn't wait that long and ended up giving them to me the same day he bought them!)
Jeans: Old Navy (clearance $6)
T-shirt: American Eagle (clearance $5)
Knit Vest: Target (5-6 years ago)
Jacket: JC Penny (clearance $3)

{wow - today really reveals that I am a bargain shopper! I love finding great deals in the clearance racks, thrift stores, garage sales, and even making things!]

View my other fall fashion posts: Day one | Day two | Day three | Day four | Day five | Day six| Day seven

8 comments:

katie October 25, 2010 at 6:26 PM  

i really like the feel to all of your photos (and that you included the outtakes!) and my favorite part of your outfit is the vest. =)

Emery Jo October 25, 2010 at 6:30 PM  

so cute!! i love the knit vest and the shoes! aaaand... you are gorgeous!!

Rachael October 25, 2010 at 9:12 PM  

These are really awesome photos! They showcase your wonderful style very nicely.

Tiffany Ann Detweiler October 25, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

I LOVE your outfit! Those shoes are awesome sauce! So happy your joining in on the fun! Can't wait to see the rest of your outfits!

With Love, Jamie October 25, 2010 at 9:20 PM  

So pretty :) I love your whole outfit!

Bevin @ allisbright.com October 25, 2010 at 10:27 PM  

I love your shoes! Absolutely adorable!!

Love, Bevin @ All is Bright
allbrightphotography.blogspot.com

Em-Jae October 25, 2010 at 10:39 PM  

Haha, I LOVE your outtakes!

And, can't believe you found those jeans for $6 -- what an awesome find!

Flo Paris October 26, 2010 at 2:01 PM  

That vest is amazing! I love the pattern and it looks so comfy too.
Everything's super cute!

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers