Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day Two | Fall Fashion Week

Do you ever have those moments where you look at the clock and say "I should go to bed" and then look down and look back up and its been 3-4 hours and you still aren't in bed? That's my story from last night. Around 10pm I told my hubby that we should head to be so we could wake up early (I originally thought if I got up early enough I could take my fashion picture before I headed to work). Instead we watched the 10pm news, discussed Thanksgiving plans, read for a study today, and picked up the house and all of a sudden it was 1am!! And consequently this morning I hit snooze until the last minute we could get up. Then it was off to work and putting of my picture until I returned from work.

Day two - It appeared to be beautiful and nice out today (from inside) but when I got home it was freezing! Thankgoodness I opted for jeans instead of a skirt. Althought with the weather forcast, it looks like I'll continue to avoid skirts all week. Yesterday it was warm enough that I could comfortably stand outside without a coat, but today it was so cold I could barely step outside even though I was wearing a cardigan and a scarf!



Details & Accessories - I handmade this tote! I drew the camera and then created a polymer plate out of it (kind of like a stamp) and then handprinted it with wooden text on paper using a printing press. Then I got the bright idea to print it on canvas tote bags! (and for the most part it worked) The fabric folded a bit on this one and so there's a small break in the camera print. Like it? I have extras and will be selling them on Etsy soon. If your not a waiting person, then you can view their blog post here and buy one!. ;]



This backdrop is my neighbors front yard. They moved out suddenly over a year ago and haven't been back. No one else has moved in and no one has stopped by to take care of it. Weird. I almost didn't hop my fence {I mean.. technically that's trespassing, right?!?} but it was the closer of my two possible scenes for today {and need I remind you it was FREEZING?} so I did it.
And here's some of today's outtakes:


Jeans: Paris Blues from Ross/Marshalls ($10-$15)
Purple blouse: One Clothing (Clothing exchange - free)
Gray Cardigan: Poetry from Ross/Marshalls($5-10)
Cream scarf: Walmart or Target ($5-10)
Brown Buckle Boots: Ross/Marshalls ($10-$15)
Tote: $3 for canvas tote + my time! ;]

View my other fall fashion posts: Day one | Day two | Day three | Day four | Day five | Day six| Day seven

You can view a list of all the blogs of other people participating on Emery's Blog.

14 comments:

Charlotte October 26, 2010 at 7:42 PM  

Both you and your photography are beautiful. That top is simply lovely - very feminine and flattering.

I would buy a tote! Very creative. :)

Kristin October 26, 2010 at 8:00 PM  

LOVE the purple top, my favorite color to wear!

katie October 26, 2010 at 8:41 PM  

love that purple blouse, as well as your cardigan and your hair. i think my favorite bit is the overall look and feel of the pictures, though.

Unknown October 26, 2010 at 9:01 PM  

I love the detail on the purple top! And that tote is amazing.

Bevin @ allisbright.com October 26, 2010 at 9:12 PM  

I think I loved every single element of your outfit. Super cute, and you are so pretty!

♥/Bevin @All is Bright

E October 26, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

That bag is absolutely hilarious. I love the purple, too.

Rachael October 26, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

I love abandoned suburban lawns :) You've found my weak spot. That and good photography. And handmade totes.... you are rackin' up the points in my book!

Tiffany Ann Detweiler October 26, 2010 at 9:57 PM  

Oh how I love purple! Fabulous outfit my dear!

Lea October 26, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

I'm loving the purple!

Lil Muse Lily October 27, 2010 at 3:32 AM  

loving the muted colors. the bag is killer. and you have awesome hair!

k October 27, 2010 at 5:59 AM  

these pictures are so beautiful!

Ali Marcum October 27, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

the pictures are beautiful and i adore your outfit! i love the purple

Em-Jae October 27, 2010 at 6:30 PM  

My what cute photos you have!!

Okay, this might sound crazy, but... My mom's cousins are Hilderbrands -- not a very common last name... I wonder if we're distantly related?! Haha :]

Alicia October 27, 2010 at 8:55 PM  

such artist photos! love it. I also love your look & the purple top. <3

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers