Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day Three | Fall Fashion Week

I'm really beginning to like fall fashion week (thank you again Emery - for hosting and Tiffany - for inspiring me to get in on the fun). I miss taking self-portraits {that sounds completely conceited, but I mean it in an artistic expression kind of way} & I'm really enjoying looking at everyone else's outfits and their blogs. And of course, who doesn't like comments that tell you your outfit is cute? {admit it... we all do}.
~ Rachel... your comment made me laugh out loud. How many more points to I need before we can be friends? I love your blog and your outfits!
~ Em-Jae... Thank you! and Hilderbrand definately isn't a common name.. so maybe there is a relation (although I don't know most of my husbands relatives other than parents & grandparents.) ;]

Yesterday I was a madwoman: trespassing into a neighboor's yard, freezing my butt off to get some good images, steeping some Vanilla Chai Tea {my current favorite}, editing and typing as quick as possible, then running off {5 minutes late} to my ladies' bible study {we're reading Helper by Design.. I highly recommend it for all you wives}. Then I was back home moderating comments {like I'm really going to deny any of them}, and simultaneously making quiche {spinach, mushroom, feta, & ham - YUM} for dinner while checking everyone else's posts! You ladies are awesome! And once again I had lofty idea that I would get to bed by 10... but once again it did not happen. {but with good excuse... I was working on a press release for my Images for a Cure event. I've never done a press release before so I was kind of stumped as to what it should say. You can read about the event here.. PLUS you can help me spread the word!}

Day Three: I made it to bed around 1am again. I know that I need to get more sleep, but there just haven't been enough hours in the day! Work was a whirlwind! I spent the morning working on my portion of a grant project {fulfilled my nerdy needs in crunching some numbers} then spent the afternoon doing a photoshoot of some products we need images from for a brochure. Then I dropped of some prints to my lovely bride Jeanne. I photographed her wedding back in July. {see images here}

Jeanne is an absolute sweetheart. We may be far apart in age, but we get along great, and I'm always so glad when I get to drop things off to her. Plus she has a fantastic eye for design {she owned/owns(?) her own interior design company}. The very first day we met I was blown away by her porch - which looked like it came straight out of a magazine. On my way out of her driveway, a large shark caught my eye, and every trip since I've told myself I have to get some pictures with it. And today I did! Jeanne laughed when I asked her if it would be okay, but I was thrilled.




Details: I think this is the first shot you can really tell that almost half of my hair is blonde while the rest is brown. Its natural {honest!}. The curls are natural too. God blessed me with a head of unruly crazy hair... but I've learned to love it. ;] {although I am due for a cut}
~I <3 my toms. When I first bought them I applied scotch guard {maybe 5 coats??} so that they'd be easier to clean once they got dirty. Monday they were filthy, so I use some spray in wash, threw them in with a load of laundry, and voila.. good as new! Now they just need a few more layers of scotch guard! ~I also love this scarf. You can wear it almost every which way, and it doubles as a beautiful table runner {which looked great a couple weeks back with a dish of apples!}

Jeans: Same jeans as day two {I only own two pairs of jeans that fit... but it works. Wear them a couple times, wash, repeat.}
White t-shirt: Ross or Marshalls
Striped boyfriend cardigan: Old Navy clearance
Yellow scarf: Target (I think?)
Toms: Toms.com {if you don't know what toms are.. go check out their website!!}

View my other fall fashion posts: Day one | Day two | Day three | Day four | Day five | Day six| Day seven
Or you can view a list of all the blogs of other people participating on Emery's Blog.

Outtakes:
{shark face | unjump one | unjump two}

15 comments:

Unknown October 27, 2010 at 10:45 PM  

That's a great scarf, and what a cool place to take pictures, I love the shark! And I wear the same two pairs of jeans over and over again too...I'm in college so I usually wear them until they can stand up on their own.

Bevin @ allisbright.com October 27, 2010 at 11:12 PM  

Your photos are so fun and creative. I love that scarf!
♥/Bevin @ All is Bright

Lil Muse Lily October 28, 2010 at 4:30 AM  

cute casual look and great photo shoot!!!!

C.G. Koens October 28, 2010 at 4:51 AM  

I love that sweater - the stripes are great! :-)

Charlotte October 28, 2010 at 4:51 AM  

"On my way out of her driveway, a large shark caught my eye"

Now that is an awesome phrase. :D

Love your classic outfit! And the Toms... man, it seems like everyone has them but meeeee...

Mrs. Blimes October 28, 2010 at 5:35 AM  

These pics make me smile! And i LOVE that cardigan!!! Great look!

Molly Page October 28, 2010 at 6:06 AM  

Your pictures are beautiful. Loving the scarf and your idea to use it as a table runner. Ingenious.

Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

Chelsea October 28, 2010 at 8:21 AM  

cute outfit. AND awesome pictures!

Lindz October 28, 2010 at 8:23 AM  

I love the contrast of the scarf with the cardigan. Super cute. And for the record I have HATED toms up until this point. I like what they represent but haven't ever fallen for the trend. You rocked it.

katie October 28, 2010 at 8:27 AM  

cozy and casual. i really like your crazy hair, and the shark?!? what is that?!? it's awesome. =)

Ali October 28, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

what great pictures! and that shark is super cool!
ali <3 @ ballpointandpen.blogspot.com

E October 28, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

Your pictures are so fun and you look great. I love how you are wearing your hair.

Emery Jo October 28, 2010 at 5:54 PM  

yes! you look awesome and the braid in your hair is fab!!

Rachael October 28, 2010 at 6:30 PM  

First off, you've already far surpassed your pointage-quota-needed-for-friendship-status. Secondly, I only own 2 pairs of pants that fit, too! I agree... it works fine. Who needs more? Third, great prop! Love your outfit, posing and photography as always.
*Especially those Toms! I can't wear 'em. They really don't fly on me.

Em-Jae October 28, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

Your outtakes are totally fabulous!

I have 3 pairs of pants that fit, but one is wearing a bit too much behind the knee and they're getting a little too short about the butt area. I don't know if my butt is getting bigger or if the jeans are shrinking everytime I wash them... I'll assume it's the latter. Ahem.

networkedblogswidget

Follow us on Twitter

'Like' us on Facebook

Followers